Thursday, December 8, 2016

my next how-to article

I submitted another how-to article at the workplace this afternoon. I really like doing them, helping out others in our weekly newsletter and I end up learning something as well when researching before writing it. naturally I knew I had to find something with wide appeal to the floor. I was at a loss for ideas and kind of wasn't ready for my turn again even though it is just once a month. so I went to my boss and he gave me an idea. the first one was about how to schedule a conference room. I did stay a little past my normal leave time to see that it was done right. but this is typical for what I do when I have the next day off. I was wanting to get through so many things in the afternoon after having some meetings in the morning. this included one being moved to tell us who our new boss will be, and it is the Filipino man. he was just at the holiday dinner the previous day. he has been taking some time off since he just became a father for the second time. the other meeting was about the holiday party, since I was on the committee. as usual they had a hard time sticking to the allotted time, since much of the discussion early on is about the budget. the other things I wanted to get done in the afternoon, besides the article, included finishing up two online classes and perfecting some new titles.
    in the evening I went to a holiday party at the historic street car station at como park in st. paul. it was with one of the organizations I had joined. I had seen this place before, and liked getting some photos of the displays on the wall that spoke of its history. naturally I liked reading about the part known as the 'WPA era', as my favorite era of history to study is the great depression era of the 1930s. since one part of it was 'alphabet agencies' like this one that helped with infrastructure.
    I also finally called the geek squad through best buy about a problem with my laptop. I was asked to type in some commands and it seemed fine again. I said when I got in that I was at the 'where to next?' page and the first image and article was about the death of  the astronaut and politician, john glenn. a feature on the local news, WCCO, spoke of how a school in Maplewood was named for him after he made headlines for orbiting the earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment