Monday, December 26, 2016

I'm Your Man, Wham!

With the passing of George Michael being announced, I had to think of what songs I recall best from Wham! or as a soloist. In many ways I think of 'I'm Your Man' by Wham! I recalled two classmates wanting to dance to it at 6th grade graduation. they even had shirts that had the song title, and the artist, on it. The thing I recalled best about the song is the line 'if you're going to do it, do it right'. this can be interpreted in many ways, but I understand the song being about a dating relationship. I do quote it when I say I am doing things in life that have nothing to do with dating. in many ways I saw it as being like the line I have heard in another song, that is now in our lexicon, 'go big or go home'. I watched the video on YouTube and it depicts a live performance of the song. George Michael has a tambourine and another performer has a saxophone. it is a black and white video. getting a closer look at the lyrics, after finding them online, I noticed one section above all others. 'first class information, I'll be your sexual inspiration, and with some stimulation we can do it right'. as a soloist, I recalled songs like 'I want your sex' and 'Faith'.
   I took an accordion bus to and from work this morning. I had a hard time finding a food outlet that was open. eventually I said to myself, 'how about Walgreen?' and they were open. I am used to how that store hardly ever closes. I got some orange juice and oatmeal raisin cookies there. I did have a one on one meeting with my new boss in the afternoon, he is doing this with all in his unit.
   I did get to the performance venue tonight. it was kind of odd how one comic asked me about my dating relationship, I said it ended over three years ago. I spoke about what I dealt with since many places treated it like a holiday, Facebook activity like photos posted on my wall, and Mold-a-rama. I did look through a box of souvenirs at the office after seeing  some of these machines at Como Zoo. I showed the two I had to my cohort. It was a scale model 1965 Mustang from the Henry Ford Museum in suburban Detroit, and a railroad locomotive from the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. now it means figuring out when I am going back to the zoo with two dollars to get one. there are four animals to choose from. I made it a Twitter posting as well, which may help the most on seeing this gets done sooner rather than later. I liked reading the history of this kind of souvenir going back to World's Fairs in the 1960s, in Seattle and New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment