Tuesday, December 27, 2016

water under the bridge, adele

I have been hearing the song 'water under the bridge' by adele fairly often lately. I liked finding it on youtube, after hearing it on my car radio. except I didn't find an actual 'video' there, just some live performances or strictly audio. as usual, sometimes I need to listen to a song before I really like it. in this case, it was the line 'why do I hate the idea of being free?' after 'if you're not the one for me'. since I am single, and often can't complain much about it, some might not understand why I envy those in relationships and want one of my own. the other lines I liked were also questions. I was aware of this when I poured my emotions into my writing when I was young. I may not have had many answers, but at least I was asking the questions. in this case, I liked 'what are waiting for?, and who are you hiding from, and have I ever asked for much?' I have said before how it is doubtful that adele would be a popular singer if she only sang happy songs. like many other lady singers, she does well when singing about relationships. the passion is there. some performers are hard to ignore, since one can see how talented they are. I said this when I heard Adele's 'someone like you' 5 years ago. I said 'she sure has some pipes'. and I do like the video for that one, where she is wrapped up tightly in a black coat, walking around while singing, alone with her art, her thoughts. and it has continued since, with 'hello' being a big hit. that video is in the 'one billion club' for views on youtube. I don't have any of her CDs yet, but it was just this year where I finally decided to get some of Sia's CDs. sometimes the motivation isn't there when plenty of music is available online.
   it was a fairly ho-hum day at the office, though I did like how near the end of the day I did speak a little about music with my new boss. and I got the Christmas cards ready to send and in the mail. in the evening I went to return two DVDs to the library, and got a st. paul winter carnival button, before I arrived at the performance venue. I did ones about who told me about the passing of carrie fisher, karaoke photo, waffle photo, Walgreen is open, and dad watching the dick van dyke show. I also answered a joke where I spoke about soup cans. after the show it was nice that I found 20 cents from my customary walk, which went into my change bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment