Wednesday, December 7, 2016

super patient award

tonight I took a walk after I was done performing. it meant going past a gas station. it was a bumper crop for finding coins, near the gas pumps and the car wash. though one I found wasn't legal tender. it said 'super patient award' and had a smiley face on it. on the back is lines going to or from the center. seems kind of odd to be the one that gets this coin, when I am not known for my patience. naturally most of the coins I found were pennies. I had nearly 20 of them that went into my change bank. two did not, I noticed they were better sent to my coin collection. one was an American wheat ear penny from 1948, the other was a Canadian penny from 1988. I didn't have that year yet.
   it was fairly bust at the office as my cohort was out. but it was no big deal covering the payoff report and new titles, along with helping with decorating for the holiday party on Wednesday. I still made it out on time as I knew the barcodes and copies from the titles could wait until the next day. I saw the attorney when riding the bus home. I spoke of being an extra over the weekend. she said it would be the first Christmas that her son will likely recall, as he is 3 or 4.
   my set tonight included starting off with a call-back to the MC, I think this would be soap opera, making mention of growing up Presbyterian. so did I. others included another taco bell joke, and trying to keep myself busy while decorating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment