Monday, March 13, 2017

5 minute rookie

I performed at the comedy club tonight, and I think this is the first time I did 5 minutes at their open-mic. I made the most of it. I did ones about a tramp stamp, my birthday, pay raise, sneezing, and the des plaines mcdonald's. brawler said he liked the set but that I stepped on one joke. I do like getting feedback about what works and what doesn't. and as usual, there was the 'blues brothers moment'. Worthington did one about hitting deer. I liked hearing brawler do one about superheroes. school bouncer did one about how 'it's there' and planting seeds. I liked being able to confab with one of the managers after the show, or as I understand a former manager.
   at work it was a high-volume day, so I opted out of the career fair happening in the hall. my boss did schedule a meeting in the afternoon, but it didn't take long. I ordered two postcards on e-bay, one was of the Chicago stockyards and the other was of Sears. when riding the bus home I spoke with the attorney, as I often do once a week. she spoke of her family doing a jigsaw puzzle, it went well considering her kids are young, like ages four and two.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment