Saturday, March 11, 2017

double overtime hockey

I made it to the xcel center this afternoon for the high school hockey tournament. I like seeing the small school final as it is the proverbial 'path of least resistance'- a smaller crowd, and a day I don't work, unlike semifinal day. it was finally decided, in double overtime, in the final minute of the second extra session. Hermantown beat Monticello-A-ML 4-3. there was no score at the end of the first, and Monticello was up 2-1 at the end of the 2nd. though Hermantown out-shot them for the entire game, 15-1 at the end of the 1st and by more than double at the end of the game. one overtime goal was waved off, so I wanted to see if the second was for real. even though Hermantown trailed for a while, I knew they weren't going to lay down and die with the way they kept shooting the puck as eventually it would go in. I went to get a Band-Aid during the first intermission, as a paper cut from the office from the previous day re-surfaced. I asked where first aid was, no problem getting a bandage, actually they gave me two. I am still wearing the first one as I am writing. Monticello scored early in the 2nd and 3rd, and I was just getting back to my seat both of those times as I wanted to walk around during intermissions. I did get some popcorn while there, and ate half of it at the venue. I took the box home and eventually will eat the rest.
   it took a while to leave downtown st. paul on the bus after the game so my visit to the library to print things will have to wait. I eventually fell asleep after getting home, and knew I had to get going again. I wanted to get a ticket for a play at the saints baseball stadium called 'safe at home'. I had hoped to see it tonight, but it was not to be. all booked up, so I made a reservation for sunday. I paid for parking long enough to get the ticket ordered, then went to eat at a popeye's chicken, the one on university avenue. on to the dairy queen to use a 2 for 1 blizzard coupon. there were some kids at DQ that were blocking the bathroom and the exit so I said something to management and they broke it up. I decided that I needed to watch one of the DVDs I had bought in the past few months. I chose 'breakfast club'. with that one, as well as 'amelie', the DVD copy replaces the VHS version. I wanted to get them watched so then I feel better about junking the VHS copy. so 'amelie' is next on the list. but I have a backlog at this point, as I have 3 other DVDs, bought from amazon, that I haven't watched yet. the replacement videos were found at a target location.
   after I was done watching the video, I went to my neighborhood grocery store. I liked making a nice find in the media section. sometimes I get a special edition magazine, and this time I bought one from rolling stone writing about Saturday night live. at first look, it appears to emphasize the early years. this doesn't surprise me much, as I saw an art film about SNL a few years back that did the same thing. I know I will like reading about cast members like janeane garofalo, and molly Shannon. the former is one of three comedy influences, and the latter might as well be. I recalled an article about molly in the Chicago sun-times paper back in 1999 that stuck with me. it said comedy was her therapy after losing her mom in a car wreck at age four. it reminds me of how I have decided to work through things in my performing.


No comments:

Post a Comment