Wednesday, March 8, 2017

pay raise and donuts

first day back at the office after being at the capitol. there was a meeting I was called to, my two managers were there. found out it was announcing my pay raise. one of them jokes about how I can buy them beer, based on how much it will be. before that I said one time a pay raise was comparable to a movie ticket each week. I was advised not to say what I make, but I think it stands to reason that I do make more than many do there due to years of service. this is the proverbial 'merit increases'. i was only able to write down what it is, and effective in early April. no copy of the form was allowed. since I was out of the office on my birthday, my boss brought in donuts and cookies to mark the event. I had a jelly donut.
    I did make it to the performance venue tonight. I did ones about the polar plunge, are we dating now?, the pay raise meeting, can you do mine too?, my birthday, coffee at the baseball game, and ran out of fish. I missed the first bus home tonight from the office, it didn't stop for long. so I saw I was much closer to the stop when a later one arrived. sometimes I like walking around a little while waiting. I picked up a penny during this time, I knew it was one due to the size. though I had to scrape it a little to make it more visible when I got it home, since it likely had been out in the elements for a while. so of course once finished it went into the change bank.



No comments:

Post a Comment