Tuesday, March 14, 2017

germania, iowa

I have been searching online about immigrant ancestors. I made a nice find about a great-grandma and her family. not only are her parents buried in iowa, but so are her grandparents, who arrived more than a decade earlier in America. when I searched about my great-grandma, it was said her parents were headed to find his brother, who lived in Germania, iowa. I had never heard of the town, and found out why. there was a name change in 1919 due to 'world war one hysteria', and it is now known as 'lakota'. this is in northern iowa. on my next visit there, likely for a minor league baseball game in may at the earliest, I will want to find the cemeteries they are buried in. with my great-grandpa, I didn't find near as much. I know he moved here when he was still a young man in his 20s, and I would like to think he was excited when he arrived in new York. I am picturing it like balki is in the opening segment of the TV show 'perfect strangers'.
    I did make it to the performance venue tonight. I did ones about brett favre, the movie 'amelie', pay raise, seeing a play, and sneezing. and I got annoyed with somebody I was talking to after the show and said 'bye' as it became a nowhere conversation where somebody was trying to tell me how to live my life. that is a cardinal sin in my book.


No comments:

Post a Comment