Thursday, March 2, 2017

knitting on the bus

this evening I was crossing the street to get to the bus stop and there was a lady behind me. we board the same bus and she starts knitting. she said she was knitting a hat, and usually gives away her handiwork to charities. as i recall, it was for kids with cancer. it was delightful talking to her and she was given my business card when she got off the bus. she had missed her stop and had to go back the other direction. I said I like telling the stories of others. I spoke of music being a subject that I like to write about, and some of my charity work. this included a dance marathon in November, and the upcoming polar plunge.
   I watched 2 'big bang theory' episodes tonight. syndicated rerun was when Amy Farrah fowler shared with Sheldon how she was attracted to zac, who had dated penny. prime time episode was before the child of howard and Bernadette was born. raj and stuart were both discovered using their hot tub, thinking that the couple wasn't home but they were watching from a window above them.
   after I was done watching a little T.V., I went to the family dollar and got some toilet paper. then it was my typical walk around the neighborhood. it meant finding more coins that went into my change bank. although of the 43 cents I had, 17 was from the family dollar purchase. and it still meant finding plenty of pennies, including at the car wash. I passed by a laundromat that is not open yet. actually it was 44 cents, but one of the pennies found was Canadian, special edition from 1967 that I already had, so it will go into a wishing well or something similar soon.
    this morning I called new ulm and said I didn't have my order form I had asked for last week. this time they sent it to me by email, not sure why this wasn't offered before. so now it means getting it submitted sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment