Friday, March 3, 2017

polar plunge, lake calhoun

my workday ended at 1pm due to going over to the polar plunge at lake Calhoun in Minneapolis. I stamped out at that time, then went into the skyway to get lunch. I went to a Chicago hot dog place, first time there. I got a chili cheese dog and some bottled water. at 2pm we headed over to the event. I got a ride in a minivan, my boss was driving. registration was no big deal, and I got another long sleeve shirt. I found a place to change into my outfit, there was heated tents everywhere. and I said to the cop I liked seeing the tents as it would be better than trying to use a porta-pottie. I kept my coat on for as long as possible, even during one of the group photos. there was food provided by some sponsors. this included red baron pizza, and dairy queen dilly bars. we were given drink tickets and I used one of them for a beer, a summit. I said it reminded me of performing, as there was a brief time in the spotlight and much of it is waiting for your turn. it wasn't too big of a deal to do the actual plunge, just get in and get out. I swore when I went in, as the feel of the cold water was a little shocking. I went waist-deep, and needed just one towel- I had brought two. the boss brought us back to the office at 5pm, and it meant that I could take my normal bus home. I did see the attorney as I was ready to board. I figure it is a good idea to avoid wearing out my welcome, so having a bus conversation is something I just do with her on Monday.
   I was getting a little frustrated tonight, as some of my plans were not to be. I go to the south st. paul VFW for the fish fry, figured that arriving at 7pm was a good idea as they serve until 8pm. but an employee said they were already out of fish, and I got a 'sorry'. so I started driving, and ended up at the bobby and steve's in Minneapolis and got a fish sandwich there. it was close to a performance venue, but only on the fourth attempt did I find a parking lot that wasn't full.
   I did see the big dog perform, I was ready for a 'ham and egg' routine but it was not to be. I didn't get picked for the open-mic and didn't want to go home so I found a karaoke bar. I did 'private idaho' by the b-52's. it took a while for my turn, though.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment