Tuesday, March 21, 2017

american clock

tonight at the performance venue I picked up a card advertising a show called 'the American clock' by Arthur miller. it will take place at the Guthrie theater next month. I do like having these cards as souvenirs from performing. I haven't heard of this show, but it speaks of it being vaudeville on the card, and stories about the great depression. this is my favorite era of history to study, especially the alphabet agencies that put people back to work. so it may mean more research about it.
   I did jokes about researching ancestors, acronyms, sending postcards to family, a how-to article, and a reference to bathtub's joke about sitting as it seemed relevant to the MC waiting to bring me onstage. guess this is a 'frenemy'. but having 'manufactured rivals' seems to be part of performing, so I am taking it in stride. at the office I replaced more torn files to stay busy after the payoff report was done. and I liked finding more coins on a walk after performing, 54 cents went into my change bank. it was 2 dimes, 3 nickels, and 19 pennies. it meant cleaning off some of the pennies, as I like seeing the year on the coins.

No comments:

Post a Comment