Sunday, March 26, 2017

song to song movie

tonight I went to see the movie 'song to song' at the lagoon theater in Minneapolis.  I had considered seeing something else at the Eagan theater since I have a free birthday popcorn waiting for me but nothing really appealed to me there. I liked what I read about it in the paper, about how the backdrop is the music scene in Austin, texas. I hope to make it there this year. this was likely the first movie I saw starring rooney mara. I correctly guessed how she is NFL royalty, as both of her names are the family names of the founders of NFL teams, the steelers and giants respectively. I had seen a few movies with natalie portman, besides the 'star wars' series also 'my blueberry nights', an indie movie like 'song' is. I liked the characters doing their own narration in it, and showing scenes at mundane places like a sears parking lot and at a Texaco gas station as well. I even saw a Wendy's sign in the background when they were at the sears scene. I also liked seeing some cameos from musicians such as the red hot chili peppers, and iggy pop, even val kilmer. I picked up a card at the theater that is advertising the movie, and it says 'love, obsession, betrayal'. we may have seen and heard this story before, about the story of trying to make it as an entertainer, but I still like seeing it.
   I liked how there wasn't much scheduled for this weekend. this made it easier to go to the antique shop near downtown st. paul, after having a breakfast sandwich at mcdonald's, and picking up e-bay orders at the post office. the jess kent CD, an amazon order, finally arrived. hard to tell if it was sent from Australia, or new Zealand, but I like having it. I ordered it after hearing part of her song 'get down' in a target commercial last summer. it has just five songs on it, but most of them work for me. the other orders were postcards, five in all. the final total that was added to my photo albums was 22 as I bought 17 postcards when I went to the antique shop. as usual, it took a while to look through all the postcards, and I hadn't been there in a while. the wild game was happening nearby, the wild lost to Vancouver. and the other typical thing was how I pulled out a decent amount, but then had to make cuts. I think I started off with 44 postcards but told myself to stick to a budget, and I only brought $20 with me. the cards are usually around a dollar apiece. five were from Minnesota, 4 from foreign countries, and the other 8 were from various states. I like how I continue to make nice finds whenever I go. and I trust that some of those not making the cut may still be available when I go again soon. I think I saw a few that I recognized from previous visits.
   after the movie I had hoped to get a little godfather's pizza at bobby and steve's, but it was not to be. nothing was in the warmer. so after thinking about it for a few minutes, I got a box that had two pieces of chicken and a biscuit. I had one of the pieces of chicken and the other will be saved for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment