Sunday, March 12, 2017

safe at home play

this evening I went to a play at the saints baseball stadium, CHS field, called 'safe at home'. there were 8 different scenes in this show as I recall, and plenty of walking around the stadium to each one. after a while, I got used to seeing the TV monitors saying how much time was left. there was even one where it was wordless, between two mascots. I knew there was going to be a notable actor in it, Don Shelby, a former news anchor at WCCO-TV. I liked seeing some parts of the stadium that I hadn't seen before, even saw more than when I was a performer back in august. it meant seeing the home team clubhouse. I arrived just in time for the 'tour' I reserved for, which started at 6:20pm. it was slower going on the roads due to the snowstorm. I saw snow starting to fall in the afternoon, just as I was leaving the library and on my way to the performance venue. this of course was the donut party, and I did ones about a tramp stamp, my birthday, pay raise meeting, and the French movie 'Amelie'. I saw the movie on DVD around midday so I would feel better about junking the VHS copy. I hadn't seen it in a while, but I still liked it. some things in it remind me of me, like the character who had the album of discarded pictures from a photo booth. it is also memorable in terms of how it is referenced in later movies, including a favorite one of mine, 'up in the air', about the garden gnome.


No comments:

Post a Comment