Thursday, April 11, 2019

back in training

no, not one of those 'police academy' movies. I had to go back to the training room to get my work done after my computer crashed early in the day. I had no other options since the i.t. person was working remotely. many others were as well, due to the weather. the row I am in was deserted except for me. I decided to get started earlier on the drive into the office, and take an alternate route where I wasn't on any of the interstates. the i.t. man said it was 'brave' of me to make it into the office, but I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I actually got into a good rhythm once I resumed my work, although I was idle for two hours. it crashed because I ran a test claim on a membership that had no claims on it. somebody told me about how to avoid it, but a lot of good it did after the fact.
   I did some karaoke tonight, two songs. 'riding the storm out' by REO speedwagon, and 'going to hire a wino' by david frizzell. the former seemed like a good one after hearing it on the radio this week, with all of the weather we are having. but I know many use it as a metaphor as well, saying they are 'weathering the storm'. it was no big deal while driving this evening, the roads were mostly wet. after staying home last night, I knew full well I was itching to get out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment