Saturday, April 20, 2019

westinghouse kennedy building

i went to the 'unified auditions' at the Westinghouse kennedy building in northeast Minneapolis this afternoon, after a half-day at work where I closed 17 cases. no doubt I like seeing another re-purposed building. the kennedy part is after the street it is on. and I feel this audition was better than last year's for the Minnesota fringe festival. since I am a performer and told myself this is stage time. I heard laughs this time, so I would like to think that a producer will call me for their show. I like photos and got a few while there. one was of a maytag refrigerator that was inside.
   I picked up some postcards from my post office box before going to work. and this evening I ordered some more. according to e-bay, I might have two to pick up on Monday. one find I made was of shakey's pizza issuing baseball cards honoring hall of fame members in the 1970s. I chose one of the Washington senators players, sam rice. I can place it next to the other three in the binder when it arrives. I have them in the same section as Washington's current team, the nationals. I also had the gashouse gang on my mind and confirmed I didn't have a card of pepper martin yet, 'the wild hoss of osage'. so I ordered that as well, it was a card from the team's centennial in 1992 and McDonald's is a sponsor. I am aware of how some other companies got into printing baseball cards as a form of advertising. it is why I got a card that said 'woolworth' on it. after the late news I went to do some karaoke, and sang 'to be human' by sia. I saw it in the binder last night, and found it on youtube. I wanted to hear it before singing it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment