Sunday, April 28, 2019

hamline baseball vs. st. thomas

I went to the saints stadium this afternoon for a college baseball game. hamline was playing st. Thomas, in a doubleheader. hamline lost 11-5 in the first game. I left after this game ended, as it was windy and I had other things I wanted to do. according to what I found online, hamline won the second game, 6-3. I saw a box score that spoke of the attendance, not sure how they counted it up. but the first game said 114 and the second said 154. it was free admission. hamline led 1-0 at the end of the first inning of the game I saw, but did not score again until the 7th. I am used to games being shortened to 7 innings when it is a doubleheader for college or minor league games. I saw what looked like will be the saints baseball museum, it is on the concourse near the left field corner. I am aware of how there will be giveaway promotions related to it this season, four in all. the one with a pennant interests me the most. I did not get any food or drink at the game, there was just one concession stand open and I ate before I departed for the stadium.
   after the game I walked around downtown st. paul for a little while. I found the venue that one of my regular open-mics has migrated to. it is just one block over from the previous one. what was confusing was when another performer gave me the name of the place and it was the wrong name. in addition, when I went to look for it that time I was looking for a bar. and this isn't a bar, it is a restaurant. I guess the other one was as well, but the menu I found online made no mention of beer being available. so I may have to drink something else. I have said this before, how sometimes one must go with what is available. I also spent some time getting things into binders as I just got some more sheet protectors this week. sometimes it means stressing quality, explaining what I have done before where some things get doubled up to save space. I also worked on my stamp collection for the first time in a while. I watched 'the simpsons', it was about lisa being in Canada for a little while. it was funny to me how the school she attended there was named for singer alanis morissette. then I fell asleep for a while after that, which tends to happen while tired and laying down in my easy chair. when I woke up the late news was on, so I knew I had to get up and get things done like the dishes and recycle. I wanted to get caught up on as much as possible, such as answering surveys, so I can spend plenty of time with job searching on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment