Sunday, April 21, 2019

pariah movie

I watched a DVD on loan from the library this evening, 'pariah'. it was a coming of age story that took place in Brooklyn, new York. I did not recognize any of the actors in it, but noticed how spike lee was listed as an executive producer. I would have preferred the story being more about the main character's writings, and less about the other things in her life. it didn't always seem like there was a connection between the two. it was also hard to watch the scenes with the parents fighting.
   I went to easter church services and there was one family that showed up after me and sat a row behind me. usually, no big deal. but one of their kids couldn't stay quiet so I changed my seat early on, during a hymn. I heard him ask where I went. I am fine with being around kids, but when I am at church or a movie theater I want them to stay quiet during the actual event. I walked around for a little while and then headed back to my car. after a little rest at home, I had a late lunch at IKEA. then I went to do laundry. After watching 'the simpsons' I did a short walk, then watched the movie. I was doing  dishes when the late local news was on.

No comments:

Post a Comment