Thursday, April 25, 2019

soccer bar

I performed in the back room of a bar tonight, more of a crowd than the previous week. the local soccer game was on TV out in the main bar area. and after the show ended there was a big crowd as the soccer game had ended, a scoreless tie. so it meant having to wade through the crowd a little to get out. the main show runner was out of town, but the fill-in MC did fine. he is from the same town in northern Minnesota as a former coworker, the one that worked at a museum there. but he didn't know him. magic man was the show closer.
     at work I closed 30 cases, fewer than the day before. but I am also learning to get any of the non-production time entered in the system right away so it doesn't count against my daily numbers. and I had multiple chats by i.m., as well as a team huddle. some of the chats were about merged cases. I liked how the team huddle didn't last long, less than 15 minutes. I liked how a former job didn't have that many meetings. I do my best work when I spend most of my time on my normal duties as I am better able to get into a rhythm. but one never knows what cases will arrive from one day to the next. there was also a case to re-open from over a week ago. we all know how I hate the 'bounce backs' even more. I saw to it that a team lead signed off on how I was to handle it as I don't want to see that case again.

No comments:

Post a Comment