Wednesday, April 3, 2019

ice cream instead of beer

i had hoped to be performing tonight. but it was not to be. my first choice I found out I didn't get signed up in time. I had heard about a new show starting up at another venue, but I went there and found an event coordinator and was informed that it isn't a go just yet. so I decided to go to a dairy queen and have a blizzard treat. I hadn't been there much lately as they are no longer sending the 2 for 1 blizzard coupons to my email. and I had been doing the shamrock shakes at mcdonald's. so I don't know if I saved any calories by having ice cream instead of beer tonight. I don't see it as an entirely wasted trip as I am better able to talk business when a show isn't happening. I like to pay attention to the performers when I am at a show. I also spoke of how I can use the time to do some planning for events I want to attend soon. it led to me ordering a ticket to the MSP film-fest. it is starting soon but I will be seeing this movie just over a week from now. I checked what I had printed about the final four fan-fest and it looks like tickets are at the door. so I will likely just see one festival movie this year, same as last year. hopefully I can see some of them outside the festival. I have before, it just means waiting a little while to hear about a wider release than just 2-3 screenings. notable about having ice cream tonight was getting there less than 30 minutes before closing time and an employee made an announcement to the seating area how they would be closing soon. some teenagers were in this area. I had just went there after waiting for my order. I was in and out quick, and the young people were still there.
   at work I closed 31 cases. it helped that I only got up from my seat for lunch. there were some weird ones. so I still got hung up on a few. there is a full day of training scheduled for Thursday. one member of my new hire class was absent. I know I didn't have to wait for any cases today. but I didn't like having a 'bounce-back' case. it took a while to hear from I.M. that this colleague wanted to save me from getting 'dinged'. still hard to handle, when she sounded condescending and I said I was aware of the procedure but still a rookie. I don't like having to drop everything just because somebody sends me a message. so I said I would finish the case in front of me first. this may be one thing that I want to cover at the 'one on one' meeting with my boss at the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment