Tuesday, April 2, 2019

gave you everything, interrupters

over the weekend when I was driving home from my late-night stage time and heard a song I really liked. but it was a matter of finally searching some key lyrics online to find it again. it was 'gave you everything' by the interrupters. I recalled 'gave you all I got' and 'bags are packed', close enough to find it. I had heard a song from this band before, 'take back the power', as it was in a Michael moore movie. from this newer song I really like the energy in it. reminds me of something I heard before but still trying to think of what, but probably from the alternative genre. other lyrics I liked were 'walk the floor like a country song', along with 'i don't really care anymore', and 'too late for apologies'. the song is relatable for many, since it is about relationships. I liked the artistic direction of the video as well, mainly in black and white but splashes of color throughout. I think this band is playing a concert nearby soon.
    at work I think I am getting better, as I closed 25 cases today. I hope I can keep the momentum going. but I am still trying to find more time savers to increase volume. I fell asleep for a little while this evening, then knew I had to get up and go perform. I was on near the end of the show. the one that sometimes has a muppet performed as well, singing 'at last' by etta james. I liked how somebody showed me a thrift store find after hearing in my set mention of how I majored in history. it was two documents rolled into a tube. it appeared to be marriage certificates, from  north Dakota, from 1881 and 1908 respectively. I advised them to see what they can find about them online. I know it would be the curiosity that would send me there. I also spoke of the state historic society, as I sometimes visit their museum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment