Saturday, April 27, 2019

replacements movie, keanu reeves

i watched a DVD movie on loan from the library this afternoon, 'the replacements', starring Keanu reeves and gene hackman. it of course already looks dated, since I saw an ad in the background for Pontiac cars at the stadium. they stopped making that brand of car 10 years ago. apparently this movie is from 2000. I do recall the 1987 NFL strike where there were replacement players, so I understand what inspired this movie. I called this movie a 'farce' because there were some ridiculous and unlikely things in it. such as one player having stickum on his hands, I think this substance was outlawed a long time ago. much like other sports movies, I recognized what can be called 'stock characters' as most every team has one. I also thought of my dad, who once said 'you're not supposed to like that character' when I have watched movies before. I liked gene hackman in it, an everyman, he played the coach. and Keanu reeves played the quarterback. I like reading the closing credits and it said this movie was filmed at the Baltimore ravens stadium. there was plenty of music throughout, and I liked that. some songs I knew, some I didn't. in the end, I liked seeing it. also good to have pat summerall and john madden as themselves.
    I picked up e-bay orders at the post office this morning, four items. then I placed two more orders,  both postcards. I made it to the library just minutes before closing time, enough time to get copies of my updated resume printed. I went after I watched the movie to make the trip more worthwhile. I also got the updated resume uploaded to a few sites, such as indeed, monster, and two banks. I also applied for some jobs with a bank. I turned in change after I went to the post office, it was over four dollars. after the library, it was on to the grocery store. I slept for a while in the evening after watching the news. I watched part of two movies, 'lords of flatbush' and 'terms of endearment' on the channel known as 'movies!'. eventually it was time to go out again, to the karaoke bar. I sang 'bittersweet symphony' by the verve. the KJ had a red sticker on saying 'i ate', it looked like those 'i voted' stickers but larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment