Thursday, April 25, 2019

ravioli with a spoon

at lunch I tried eating ravioli with a spoon. it wasn't working as well as I had hoped. so I finally wised up and decided to get a fork. and that made it way easier. but the spoon was still helpful when I was ready to scrape up all of the tomato sauce. I was fine with getting a can of ravioli at the family dollar as the spaghetti, and macaroni beef, was not available. at least the store brand, which is cheaper. kind of like what we see at work, where the generic is usually cheaper than the name brand. I know others have said this before, as I recall it was a line in the 'movie ghostbusters'. it was uttered by that nerdy accountant played by rick moranis. I did really well at work, as I closed 43 cases. but it helps to have a day where there are no meetings to attend and nobody sending me i.m.'s either. so I would like to think that I will make it as my numbers are getting better.
   this evening I went to sing karaoke. I did two songs. it was 'break my stride' by matt wilder, and 'until I fall away' by gin blossoms. I think I have done both before, but it has been a while. I think I did the former during one of my des moines visits. I saw that one couple I have written about before, the dude is a truck driver. they went outside to smoke and asked me to watch their drinks so I moved to their table to do that more effectively. they got back just before I did my second song. the lady called me 'superstar' just before I went to sing the second song, they missed the first one. they were outside for about two songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment