Monday, April 8, 2019

personal shopper movie

i watched a DVD movie on loan from the library around midday, 'personal shopper'. I think this was one I considered watching at the theater but didn't. some of it was in subtitled French, but not a lot. it does mostly take place in paris, where Kristen stewart's character Maureen is an assistant to an important person in the fashion industry. hence the title, 'personal shopper'.  I chose this one because it is a thriller. it was slow for a while, but then the story started to get good when she gets mysterious text messages. and one part of the storyline is the death of her twin brother, as well as her being a medium for ghosts in a house that he inhabited but has been sold. there were no actors I recognized in it besides Kristen, and I don't know if I had seen any of the movies she had been in before, since I haven't seen anything from the 'twilight' series that she was in. I've said it before how watching a thriller can lead to an ending that is anti-climactic, and this one is no different. not sure why that is, but it may be that I like 'the thrill of the chase' because I like it when they keep me guessing.
   I performed at the comedy club in the evening, as usual I enjoyed it. I ran through my set a little faster than expected and did a story about my grandfather but I feel like it was choppy at the end because my voice was slipping. but there were some who still liked it. a blonde lady found me after the show and said she had been watching me for a while, I said it couldn't have been longer than 10 years, as I have only been doing stand-up that long. I gave the typical line of tell management if you like what you see so I get to perform there more often. I didn't want to stay too long after the show, knowing the final of the college basketball tournament was happening nearby. but when I left to walk to my car there was more than 3 minutes left in the game. so I figured I would be fine, and I was. the game went into overtime and I drove past the venue just before the end of regulation. virginia beat texas tech in overtime. I just didn't want to get caught in the after-game traffic when the crowd was comparable to a Vikings game.

No comments:

Post a Comment