Sunday, April 7, 2019

final four fan-fest

i enjoyed attending the college basketball final four fan-fest at the Minneapolis convention center this afternoon. the free food was nice, starting off with Wendy's. but that was on nicollet mall before reaching the fan-fest. I got a burger and a little frosty. no surprise how there were religious zealots, I have learned to ignore them and keep going. also had some orange vanilla coke, and kept the little glass it was served in. buffalo wild wings had some chicken, and there was ritz crackers as well. the free things were nice, because the non-free souvenirs weren't cheap. I had hoped to get a button but saw none being sold. not even at a pop-up store that was a Walgreen. most notable was the buick car exhibit. I liked singing some karaoke there, it was 'pump up the jam'. it was either that or one of the fight songs of a final four team. I posted the 45-second video on facebook and it has two likes, from international falls, and yemen native. there was also a makeshift 'buick arena' there, saw part of a game between two nba academy teams, from china and Africa. I am thankful I went as it did not cost much to get in, just ten dollars. and I liked getting plenty of pictures of what I saw. it of course reminded me of other fan-fests that have been in this venue, besides last year's super bowl there was also the baseball all-star game. I used light rail to get there. when I got back home it was the evening by then. I watched 'the simpsons', it was a parody of 'oklahoma'. then there was the dishes to do, and watching the news, which had plenty of coverage about the final four events. I drank all of the maple syrup from the previous day, it was a little bottle. but I had to keep working on it to get it open. I ran water over the cap for a while and let it sit, then it opened.


No comments:

Post a Comment