Tuesday, April 23, 2019

believe in me

i spoke of my job to another comic tonight, this time it was happy meal. last night it was brawler. and both of them said they believe in me, which I like hearing. but I know full well how I am struggling to be fast enough with closing cases. I did close 35 cases today, despite some i.t. issues. so time will tell. it was nice that there were no meetings to attend.
    I went back to an open-mic that I hadn't been to for six months tonight. I wanted to perform and I hadn't heard anything about the venue for the replacement show that I was doing. I could tell that this venue had been remodeled. I had to go outside and pay the meter again because I was in the second half of the lineup. there were two MCs tonight, first it was happy meal then it was 'extra murder' comic after the latter arrived from another venue. I liked seeing a decent number of comics I knew there, I said to one of them- fish noodle- how I hadn't seen him in a while. there was a dust-up with a performer that I didn't know before the show started. I was near the table that had water pitchers on it and I was cranky, twice saying 'i don't work here'.
   I got three letters mailed to family this morning before I went to work. since I had typed them up on Monday I didn't want to let too much time pass before I got them in the mail. it meant taking a slightly different route to work but I still made it on time. after I was performing tonight I went to a Walgreen before I went all the way home, to pick up a few things. since it is just past easter I wanted to see what they had for a discounted candy selection. there is still plenty there, and I got some for half off. I may want to get some more later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment