Sunday, April 14, 2019

mike wallace movie

i made it back to st. Anthony main to see another movie in the MSP film-fest before midday. it was about mike Wallace, the journalist well-known for being on '60 minutes'. I liked seeing parts of some of his interviews with the likes of frank Lloyd wright, and Salvador dali, as I have toured museums dedicated to both. as a history major, it should come as no surprise that I wanted to see this one as it does serve as a study of history. and I learned some things as usual, such as about the death of his young son. but I also noticed one thing, how there was no typical 'born this year' and 'died this year'. I had to check Wikipedia for that when I got home, it said he was born in 1918 and died in 2012. I figured the film-makers would have included this. I still voted 5 stars for it, same as the previous day's movie, as I really liked it. I was still using the rental car at this time. I returned it after I walked to the repair shop to pick up my car, still out front where one can see it from the road.
   after seeing the movie I picked up a few items at cub foods, then when home and had lunch. after lunch I watched a DVD movie on loan from the library, 'pygmalion'. I wanted to see it as I knew it was based on a play by George Bernard shaw, but the 'george' was left out in the opening credits of the movie. it was a good story, as it had in the 'liner notes' how it served as the inspiration for another movie, 'my fair lady'. of course I have seen the later updates, 'pretty woman', and 'she's all that'. since this was a british movie, I was not familiar with any of the actors in it, especially when it is from the 1930s. but I still liked the story of having a bet to turn a 'common woman' into a 'proper' one. so now it may mean finding 'my fair lady'. I have seen an Audrey Hepburn movie, 'breakfast at tiffany's'. this was when I was in college, after finding out a hit song of the same name was referring to a movie. I did the walk to pick up my car after the movie was done, as I wanted to be caught up, more or less, with my chores and errand running first.
    I watched 'the simpsons' this evening, I liked how homer and marge were impostors at a wedding expo. then I got a look at some of my mail, and getting things in order for finishing my taxes on Monday. since I have the day off I have plenty of time to take care of it. then there was doing the dishes and recycling of course, as well as some shredding. I figured it was time to shred some of the things from my job searching activities now that I have been back at work for 8 weeks. this included when I was printing indeed job listings once a week. odd thing was that I applied a lot through that service, got some interviews, but the offer was from somewhere else. so the site now seems to be over-rated for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment