Friday, April 19, 2019

fish fry discount

I went to another fish fry after work, the last of the season. it was at another catholic church. there was a posting near the door about a discount for the evening, nine dollars. so it was cheaper than most of them. I had some of both the baked and fried fish. there was also tater tots and cole slaw, I got up to get the water I wanted. a little girl came around and offered a cookie, I ate it. and I got a box of girl scout cookies as well. looks like we were in the dining hall for the school, it looked familiar and I knew I had been there before, just not this season. at work I closed 28 cases, and had a one on one with my boss before midday. I went to the karaoke bar after watching the late news, and sang 'i drink alone' by George Thorogood. this was a slower night than typical, I got up shortly after getting a song request in. I do like reflecting about the fish fries I have attended, a different place each week. four were churches, then a  bar/restaurant, a 'veteran group' (American legion), and a mcdonald's. each one had its merits.

No comments:

Post a Comment