Monday, April 22, 2019

plastichrome detachable postcards

i picked up 2 e-bay orders from the post office this morning. one was a single card, but it did not fit inside the box. the other was scores of cards, and did. go figure. with the larger order it was expected to be 61 cards, I counted just 59. and five of which were duplicates. but 54 cards for about $5 is a good deal so no complaints here. one of them was a copy of the 'blue boy' painting, I have seen it before. six were actually still together, and the top part said it was 'plastichrome detachable postcards'. there was a copyright date on the back, from 1965. I am thankful I ordered it on a lark. as we all know, I like to collect postcards. this was of the white house in Washington, DC. the highest totals were from d.c. and California. there were some from Canada, as well as Europe. it took a little while to have them arranged in the photo albums in terms of them all fitting, but I found a way.
    I found some other things to do on my day off. this included going to the library to print things. I got started on the property tax refund forms as well. and I typed up letters to family in iowa. after I was done I stopped at a cub foods to get two TV dinners for the week. I performed this evening. the show runner introduced me with a voice that sounded like jerry lewis to me. I also spoke of the postcard order to brawler and he said he could send me one from places he has traveled to. I would welcome that. nothing wring with getting some help at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment