Saturday, September 21, 2019

always movie, john goodman

i watched a DVD movie on loan from the library this evening, 'always'. I knew the main actors in it, Richard dreyfuss, holly hunter, and john Goodman. also correctly guessed what role Audrey Hepburn had. I actually swore at dreyfuss a few times while watching it, but I understand that he was just playing a role and was convincing as a hotshot pilot. I had heard about this movie when it was first at theaters, but this was my first time watching it. I knew it was about somebody who dies in a plane crash. but I did not know that it was about pilots fighting forest fires, or wild fires. I chose it because I like john Goodman, he is good at playing an 'everyman'. at times it did remind me of 'ghost', it is the movie that seemed to be most like it. memorable will be when holly hunter gets in front of a plane right before takeoff because she wants to say goodbye to dreyfuss. according to the closing credits, there was two versions of the song 'smoke gets in your eyes' in this movie. I liked the passion in it, when I did see it, such as when john Goodman said 'i miss him too'.
  I had hoped to complete my entire 'to do' list today, but it was not to be. I got to all but one of what was on it. I went to the bank to turn in change, it was just over five dollars. I saw a man there who had so much change that it was in a suitcase. I also made it to the grocery store earlier in the day than I normally go, as I wanted to get to a movie. except there is just one screening a day, and I fell asleep and knew I wouldn't make it in time. so it means it is pushed back yet another day. I also made it to the karaoke bar, and did two songs. it was ' so lonesome I could cry' by hank Williams, and 'roadhouse blues' by the doors. there was two dudes singing a duet that is normally not sung by two dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment