Wednesday, September 25, 2019

goonies movie

I watched a DVD on loan from the library this afternoon, 'the goonies'. it had been name-checked on the TV show 'big bang theory' so I decided I needed to find out why. it made sense, as the kids on the adventure were nerdy, and there was four of them. one was a 'the gadget guy', and the james bond theme was played for him. I recognized some of the actors in it, including the kids, such as sean astin and corey feldman. others would be anne ramsey, and john matuszak. anne was mama in 'throw momma from the train' and john was a pro football player. although it wasn't until the closing credits that I knew about john in it, as he played somebody with a deformed face that was locked up for a while. although it made sense that the first shirt he was wearing was a raiders shirt, as that is the team he played for. there was plenty of booby traps in it. at times it reminded me of 'home alone' as it was kids trying to outsmart adults. it ended the way I kind of expected it to end, where there was a threat of something happening but it didn't happen, and it was stopped at the last minute. this was familiar, as I had seen some other movies where this was the case. it was all right, but I think I might have enjoyed it more at a younger age. I was getting annoyed with the teasing and bullying in it. I recognized many of the names involved with it, such as steven spielberg as a producer and richard donner as director. donner had also directed 'lethal weapon'. so this likely explains things such as the special effects being really good. I watched the special features as well, some of them anyway, and it included a music video from cyndi lauper. the closing credits had many of the songs listed as hers. and the song and video seemed to be inspired by the movie, although it took place at a gas station.
   on the job front there was a phone interview this morning, but I will admit that I didn't get a good vibe from it. for one thing, I discovered in my research that it was with a staffing agency. and then the interviewer seemed clueless at times. such as asking me aobut what my duties were at my most recent role, then I had to ask if he had a copy of my resume. he took it as me refusing to answer questions, when it was him that wasn't answering. also how i kept hearing interference on the line, like he was possibly taking the call outside. I was informed that there would be an assessment sent to me, but so far it has not. I also accepted a phone interview, that is due to happen thursday afternoon.
    it was nice to perform tonight as usual, I was on early in the lineup. the joke from the show runner was that I would be good at doing a 'tell it like it is' podcast. another performer offered me stage time at their upcoming show, and I look forward to hearing more about it soon. notable was being asked to find a remote control for the air conditioner, at first I did not, only a chain and padlock. then I noticed it was on a ledge that was part of a beer tapper, along with three others, and then gave it to the show runner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment