Monday, September 2, 2019

gridiron gang movie

i watched a DVD movie on loan from the library this afternoon. it was 'gridiron gang', starring 'the rock' as the football coach for juvenile criminals. it was violent at times, but that is to be expected when they needed to show what got them locked away. I am trying to think of what is the best comparison, probably 'coach carter', which was about basketball. I am aware that there was a disclaimer saying 'some scenes and characters were invented for dramatic effect'. one scene didn't surprise me much, when a dad kept letters from his daughter. but you have to let people live their own life. it takes place in los angeles, and covers how activity between rival gangs greatly influenced their environment. even though it was long, just over 2 hours, it kept my interest throughout.
   I returned the rental car, or actually SUV, this morning. even though it was with payless it was no big deal to go to the return bay for avis and budget, since that appears to be the same company. eventually I went to get groceries at aldi. in the early afternoon I fell asleep for a while, and when I woke up I wanted to get something done on this labor day holiday. so that is why I put the movie in.
   in the evening I went to perform, checking the facebook invite first. I arrive at the once a month place and there was no show runner. the bartender said he wouldn't be having it due to the holiday. except there was no mention of this on facebook. so I went home and checked the directions for a karaoke bar I had performed at only once prior. I did three songs. when I arrived I heard singing but didn't know where it was coming from. I found out it was the bartender. she was doing 'creep' by radiohead. I did 'glad you came' by the wanted, 'longview' by green day, and 'here comes the rain again' by eurhythmics. the third seemed like a good one as it was raining hard at the time. and when it is raining I am more in the mood for a rain song. it gave me more time to wait it out and when I was done singing then the rain had tapered off. so then it meant I wouldn't get soaked when going to my car or leaving it to get inside once I got home. also notable was the hotel petition is getting closer to its goal of a thousand signatures, as it is now at 981. 

No comments:

Post a Comment