Thursday, September 12, 2019

good time movie

i watched a DVD on loan from the library this afternoon, 'Good time'. it was a crime thriller. I didn't recognize many actors in it- just Jennifer Jason leigh. and I had to go back to the start of the movie to figure out where she was. she had a small role early on in the movie, in a scene at a bail bonds office. This was different compared to most thrillers I have seen, for one thing I wasn't rooting for the main character because he was a criminal. what kept me interested throughout was asking 'when is he going to get caught?' this was also a brother movie, with his brother having special needs. one scene I liked was when they ended up at an amusement park. there was a body count, and in the end there were no real winners in terms of the main players in this story.
   I went to the Minnesota twins baseball game tonight, because they had a charlie brown and snoopy theme. it meant getting a special ticket so I would get the snoopy bobblehead. the twins lost to the Washington nationals 12-6. starting pitching was lackluster tonight. also memorable was who I rode the light rail with. I am thankful they got the game in. there was some rain, it led to an hour delay, but there was no rain after the game started. it was an adventure taking the light rail home. since it was after 10pm, it meant waiting a little for the train. and the fun started even before getting on. a man wearing a packers hat was interested in the bobble-head. we talked about various subjects, such as him seeing a foo fighters club show in the los angeles area, which is how they wrap up their concert tours. guess he lived out there for a while. he also was wearing a polk high football jersey, and I know this is in reference to the al bundy character on 'married with children'. once we got on the train there was another younger man, who at one point spoke about going to raves. there was also a fight on the train, but I asked the first man what we could do besides ride it out this late when there weren't many other trains. how it ended was that some of the fighters got off. I happened to be making a point at the time about name recognition getting people elected to political office, referring to Leland Stanford being elected governor of California.
   on the job front I had a phone interview, a company I had interviewed with before. and more interviews were scheduled as well. I got three calls while watching the DVD. two were from the same agency, and it was to reschedule the appointment I had already made. sounds like there was a scheduling conflict that the interviewer had. so it was moved up one hour, and will be early next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment