Friday, September 27, 2019

cruel intentions movie

i watched a DVD movie on loan from the library this afternoon, 'cruel intentions'. it made more sense to me after seeing the opening credits when it is mentioned it is based on 'dangerous liaisons', from the 1700s. I had heard of the movie version, starring john Malkovich, but haven't seen it. I recognized all of the main actors in it- ryan Phillippe, reese witherspoon, sarah michelle Gellar, and Selma blair. I also recognized one of the parents- saying it was leonard's mom from 'big bang theory'. and it was- Christine baranski. I couldn't watch it for a while because I saw the preview, where sarah said 'i'm aware' when asked if she realized that an innocent girl was being destroyed to win a bet. it is 'rich people at play'- plenty of double-crossing in it. but it doesn't end the way I expected it to, based on my dad seeing it and trying to spoil it for me. and it kept going after what I would have expected to be the end of it. so there were some redeeming qualities to the movie- such as the final scene where the song 'bittersweet symphony' is played. in the special features, there was two music videos. one was from placebo, and the other from marcy playground. of course seeing the jaguar roadster in it was nice, a classic car.
   there was a little movement on the job front, but not a lot. I applied for more jobs on indeed, and got another interview scheduled. but I had to call them again after I got no response to my voicemail.
   also tonight I went to my third high school football game of the season. tartan beat south st. paul, 26-13, and it was 14-0 at the half. tartan did well with turnovers, pulling down 4 interceptions (and blocking 2 punts) while SSP pulled down just one INT. it was chippy at times, there was plenty of penalties, and one tartan TD was called back due to it. another was for unsportsmanlike conduct. I moved to the visitors side for the second half, way more seats available. on my way home from the game I was pulled over by a state trooper, I was told that a headlight was out. so I will be taking care of it in the morning. I still went to sing karaoke, but put my high beams on after I found out they were still working. I sang 'we are young' by fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment