Thursday, September 19, 2019

truth hurts, lizzo

I had to respond to a recent posting from the jenny Lawrence look-alike about the song 'truth hurts' by lizzo. I said I had to print the lyrics to understand the song better. I had heard it on the radio fairly often so I had a good feel of it. although for a while I mainly knew it as the song where a football team, the Minnesota Vikings, are name-checked. the song really works for me. the video takes place at a wedding ceremony and reception. the singer appears to be the bride, makes sense to me on the role she gave herself. don't text me, tell it straight to my face. I have said this for a while, at least a variation of it. truth hurts, needed something more exciting. I have often said 'sad but true' but don't want to be lied to either. I will never be your side chick. I never have enjoyed being someone's first, be it after weight loss surgery, divorce, or their first American they've dated. I also don't enjoy being their second choice either. where I am just a 'back up plan' in case it doesn't work out with the 'incumbent' and they conveniently 'forgot' to be honest with me. I put the sing in single. I found out it is easier to pursue performing when I am single. hard to meet quality people, especially those who understand 'the need to perform'. I recall going to florida many years ago with my then-date to meet their family, and one thing they said was 'don't let your date choose performing over you'. why? performing has made me happier than dating.
   I went to two job fairs today, saw an advisor at the first one, in Burnsville. but I didn't recognize her at first. I said I had an offer from the state, and I was advised to accept it formally in the system real soon. so by the end of the day I did. what made it easier was knowing there are no other offers right now. and no idea if there will be any others. especially after going to the second job fair. it was with a company I had interviewed with before, most recently on Monday no less. it felt like a waste of time to go, since they wouldn't interview me. although one official said it was wrong of me to think of it that way. well what am I supposed to think? I got some bottled water, a bag of potato chips, and left.
   it was nice to perform in the evening. I was show closer, since the headliner was moved up. it was the Wisconsin girl, and both of them actually performed. it was nice to see both, and she even advised me about doing a joke about a joke. it was in reference to a story I told about calling my dad this weekend. it was also nice to see gumby, who was on early in the lineup.

No comments:

Post a Comment