Thursday, September 5, 2019

costco half muffin

I was busy with appointments, there were four. first was at a staffing agency, they had granola bars, but I didn't like the wait to talk to someone. and the rep seemed a little clueless, asking me questions that were on the form I had been asked to complete in the waiting room. second was just as I was getting home from the light rail ride. it was a phone interview. I really needed to go to the bathroom, so this happened early on in the call. not sure if they noticed at all, at least I didn't let on what was happening. third was a job fair, been to it at this venue many times before. but I think this is the first time I had seen muffins from Costco. so I had a half muffin that someone else left behind. I left my resume with just one company, and it wasn't them. the fourth was an in-person interview with a trucking company, with the boss. It made me think about a don Henley song when meeting him. I got a look at the warehouse, but since they handle refrigerated goods it was cold in there. I am surprised that the interview was out in the open, I asked if there was a conference room available, he said he had a private office but we never made it there. I was offered another interview but said I was too busy today, so it will be Friday morning. there was also a voicemail that arrived while I was at the fourth event, I responded to it but they had already left for the day. I would like to think something good will result from all of this activity, along with an email from a bank inviting me to interview.
   there was plenty of online surveys to complete, six in all. and I sent off a completed application for a job I had already interviewed for last week, guess they needed more information on background checks. in the evening I went to sing karaoke, the song I chose was 'Good vibrations' by marky mark. it was on my mind as the word 'druggie' is spelled out in it, and I must have been thinking about the 'drug hotel' in my hometown. but the petition to close it is still short of the goal of a thousand signatures. now there is just a dozen more needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment