Sunday, September 15, 2019

country music documentary

I liked watching part of the country music documentary on public TV tonight, the latest one from ken burns. of course once the channel was scanned in, and after I woke up, so I just saw half of it. It was mainly about jimmie Rodgers, and the carter family. I heard more about the latter, since june carter cash's mom was in the carter family. but it said many of jimmie's songs live on, as other musicians have done their own versions of them. I heard about it in Friday's Minneapolis paper, as I get it once a week so I have the movie times for the weekend. I am not sure how much more I can watch of it, when I am normally performing most evenings. maybe I can see some more on Tuesday. I had seen all of the baseball documentary, on DVD, when I was in a relationship.
    it was a fairly active day as I had another festival to attend, this one was st. sahag at the Armenian church in st. paul. I saw a fellow comic there, the ex-cop, he was wearing a Vikings jersey, 82, kyle Rudolph. he said his future in-laws are Armenian. I had some coffee and a sweet item, plenty of powdered sugar on it. I will have more to talk about if, or when. I hear from the lady that is an instruction in the Armenian capital of Yerevan.
   aftter I got back from the festival I watched some of the Chicago bears football game, they were playing at Denver. it was a wild ending, but Chicago won on a last-second field goal, 16-14. after I saw the documentary I went to pick up a few items at Hy-Vee in Eagan, and then called my dad and he had seen of the documentary as well. although I got a little annoyed with some of the subjects he wanted to cover, such as things that happened decades ago. but I can handle it better over the phone than in person, where I have to drive out of state for the privilege of the ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment