Wednesday, September 4, 2019

any given sunday movie

I watched another DVD on loan from the library this morning, it was 'any given sunday'. I liked how I recognized many of the actors in it, all 6 listed on the cover. al pacino, Cameron diaz, dennis quaid, James woods, LL cool J, and Jamie foxx. it showed plenty of close-ups that one normally doesn't see when watching football, don't know how to describe it other than 'in your face'. there were plenty of notables all around in the cast, such as ex-football players. I recognized Lawrence taylor, dick butkus, and barry switzer. there was ann-margret, as well as Charlton heston. oliver stone, the director, even gave himself a role. it was a fictional but realistic and accurate account of life in pro football. although it did not cover an entire season. it looks a little dated, but it is from 20 years ago now. I say this because a sponsor on the scoreboard said 'first union bank', and I think this bank has been bought out. I liked seeing what was in the closing credits. it said the movie was filmed in Miami, at the orange bowl stadium, as well as texas stadium in suburban dallas. no surprise how this became a vehicle for promoting music, especially when a rapper is in the cast. in the special features there is the song and video 'shut them down' by LL cool J. it compares well with other football movies I had seen. first one I can think of is 'the program'.
    I did another free food event, since it is around the first of the month again. I moved up to number 44, last month it was 50. I got a bag of small potatoes, 42 in all, as well as a pack of 8 hamburger buns. I saw no apples this month. I made it to the library in the afternoon, where I returned the two movies and got two more. while there I got a response to calling back from a voicemail from the previous day. it meant going to an empty conference room on the upper level. now I have an interview for Thursday afternoon. so it will be a busy day, 4 appointments now.
   in other issues, I noticed there are a few more who had signed the petition to close a hotel in my hometown, still short of a thousand, now at 986. I performed in the evening, was going to be show closer but they added somebody to go after me. either that or they forgot to include them when the lineup was put on the bar. I started off with a call-back to a joke by university accountant, about youtube. another was an answer to the intro that the show runner gave me about me and history. and it became a bit about governors. I wasn't planning on doing that one at the outset, but it got laughs so this is an important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment