Tuesday, September 10, 2019

girl in the box movie

i watched a movie on loan from the library in the early afternoon, 'girl in the box'. this was originally aired on the lifetime channel. it was about a young lady named colleen stan, who was abducted in 1977 while hitch hiking and held captive for 7 years. a disclaimer was given at the start, saying some scenes are disturbing. this is because she was a sex slave, including s and m. I was unfamiliar with this story, but after seeing the movie I found quite a bit online about it. of course what does keep some people watching it is wondering how he ends up escaping. I hadn't heard of too many stories like this one before. I was not familiar with any of the actors in it, but if it is made for TV I think this explains why.
   there was some movement on the job front, but there were no interviews today. I filed 40 applications on indeed, and then got a prompt saying this was the limit for the day. I got a call near the end of the day while at the library from a staffing agency. they told me about 3 different roles that were of interest to me, and I asked to be submitted to all three. I was bummed to find out that the offer I accepted from the census bureau 3 weeks ago apparently fell through. I called and asked about the background check, which was done after finger printing. there was nothing wrong with the results of the background check. I said I was still interested in whatever was still available, but I have no idea when they might extend another offer. I was told I would be called by somebody later in the day, but this never happened.
   in the evening I went to perform, but I was disappointed with another thin crowd at the show. I hope this isn't going to be a long-term thing. after the show I decided to mill around the saints baseball stadium, as I knew their playoff game was happening. I got some pictures of the charlie brown statues in the back, and on the way there I noticed somebody walking in front of me with a full grocery store cart as well as two husky dogs. I was able to watch part of the game from outside, as there was a TV monitor in the souvenir shop so I still saw it through the window. this was when the saints had just tied it 5-5, but then I saw them trailing again to fargo/moorhead 7-5. but when I got back from the outfield part of the stadium the saints went ahead 8-7 in the 8th. I started walking some more and ended up at the dog park. I noticed some others were there to sneak a peek of the game, as it is behind the plate when near the entrance gate to the dog park. but there is still plenty of vegetation to look through. I watched less than a full inning from there, but I watched the ending there. the saints went on to win 9-7 to take the series 3-2. I was thankful that the top of the 9th was a quick one, the side was retired in order. when the gate said the dog park was closed at sunset, I was unsure how legal it was to be there. but I still saw people coming and going to walk their dogs, so not a big deal. I also never saw a cop during this time. but once the game ended, I got a picture of the scoreboard and then I was gone. I walked back to my car which was parked on the street, behind the history theater. when I love baseball, this is a time when I say 'we all know how this is going to end' especially when I didn't feel like going home right away after performing. now I will have to see if it works in my schedule to see a game in the league championship series. game four, if necessary, will be sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment