Monday, September 9, 2019

windshield wiper adjustment

it was raining off and on today, and it meant having to look at my windshield wipers more often. I noticed how one of them was off-track, so part of it stuck out farther than typical. so after a while, I got tired of looking at it as I knew it wasn't working properly. when I got to the gas station to fill up, it is the first thing I took care of when I got out of the car. otherwise I may have forgot to handle it. I know this was true with getting copies of my resume at the library. the wipers haven't worked all that well since winter, when there was plenty of ice and some of the parts came off. I just haven't felt like putting them back on yet. and I am aware that it doesn't rain every day either. it feels appropriate whenever I hear a rain song on my radio while raining. today it was 'driving my life away' by eddie rabbitt. most memorable was the line about 'windshield wipers slapping out a tempo'.
   there was two appointments today, in the morning it meant getting re-registered at a staffing agency. then in the afternoon it was an interview with a bank. it sounded like the second one I was interviewing for more than one role as there was two managers there. I let my former colleague know I wanted them to be a reference and was testing the line at the phone number I've had for a while. it is a bummer having to wait a while to hear the result of it.
   in the evening I went to the performance venue. it sounds like happy meal is trying to get more readers of this blog as I was asked about it at the first venue I ventured to tonight. then I had to go where I could find stage time. I was moved up to early in the lineup, as mad hatter wanted some space between performing in costume as a musician and then a stand-up set. my storytelling included mention of trying to figure out why somebody laughed. they hadn't heard about what I had spoke of, from pop culture. also notable about the day was coming back after the interview and stopping at a repurposed building to see what is in there now. I ended up with a tour of one business that isn't open yet. and I got a flyer for their business, I wanted some takeaway information.

No comments:

Post a Comment