Wednesday, September 25, 2019

missing link movie

I watched a DVD that was a Redbox rental this afternoon, 'missing link'. I had placed an order for movie souvenirs in June, and 2 of the 4 were of this movie, some stickers and a puzzle. I wanted to use up the points because the movie theater I had a loyalty card with, in Eagan, had closed. so it was no big deal to say I should see it as a Redbox rental. this was 'Clay-mation', or whatever they call it now. wasn't sure about who was voicing the characters, but the closing credits yielded the answers. I have heard of Hugh Jackman, as frost, and Zach Galifianakis, as 'mister link'. it was about a British adventurer that wanted to get into a private club, and he made a bet to get into it. and it meant going to America to try to find 'the missing link'. the setting was late 19th or early 20th century. as usual, it was quite clear who the bad guys were. one scene might have been a reference to 'planet of the apes', just by the way it looked to me. it was all right, but not great. I will have to admit that I don't see that many animated movies, documentaries are more my thing. Frost at times came across as a 'bumbling idiot' to me, so he seemed to be the right pairing with 'link', who was not fully human. was it a 'message movie'? possibly, based on some of the statements made in it.
   the main thing seen on the job front today was text messages, no joke. not a big fan of them, prefer employers sending me emails. I responded to two of them saying 'stop' and then got a message saying I was 'unsubscribed' although I never really was 'subscribed' in my opinion. and it led to a phone interview being scheduled for Wednesday morning. In the evening I watched more of the ken burns documentary about country music, although this segment ran longer than some others did. plenty about dolly parton, willie nelson, hank williams jr., and waylon jennings. this was covering the 1970s, more familiar to me when it is more recent. and I have seen willie nelson in concert, in 2005 at the St. Paul Saints baseball stadium. it felt like it was running long, so I checked my alarm clock and said it was time to go perform. I was the show closer, the show runner liked the story I told when I swore at an annoying performer. the flautist had already performed, but then she became a part of the final thing after I was done so I got a picture of it. she played while sitting down. one can't ignore when they are inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment