Tuesday, September 17, 2019

in the same complex

I had 3 interviews today. the first was a phone interview at home, and I found out it wasn't right for me for various reasons. one of them was that it wasn't day shift. so I have no idea why the agency set it up. the other two were direct hire opportunities, I think I have  a better chance with those two. although I have interviewed with the second company multiple times already. the third was actually a nursing home. I was asked to complete a questionnaire, but then said if I am in administration then how often would I be in contact with residents. it was in the same complex as a 'heritage center' or 'museum' where I had seen a show about country music over a year ago. I drew upon what I recalled from growing up in a family that worked in nursing homes. actually I did as well, but only briefly, when I was in high school. somehow it worked on the logistics, as I allowed enough time to eat lunch at home between appointment two and three.
   in other issues, I think I have an offer. the call came in when I was driving to the middle interview. I left my phone on and it was in my pocket, I could hear it ringing but left it alone. I called and left a voicemail at the end of the workday, just before I left for the clubs. I should be thrilled about it but I am not because it isn't my first choice, that I will admit. it went fine performing, I drew upon some from the call with my dad last night. but also other things I have been doing such as going to festivals. notable to me was seeing a musician perform 'zombie' by the cranberries. she said she was kind of new, but it was hard to ignore how she didn't sing all of the song and some of the lyrics were repeated. I recognized the '1916' lyric but I know full well it's in the song only once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment