Thursday, November 7, 2019

20 year wait

I finally took some calls this morning, shadowing. but it was just two. the caller said, after being transferred to me, was that he had been waiting 20 years to get the answer. I was advised to have him call the feds, he said he had already called them. I had to call him back as my partner lost the call when we were calling the resource line. he also asked for my badge number, I don't have one, and asked why there was no mention of the call being recorded. I said I am used to hearing this message 'ensure quality', and I started off by asking why it has taken this long to try to find an answer but he didn't say. I still need more exposure than this, as so far I have been on seven calls over three sessions. but it is a slow time of year, so we can't create calls, only handle the ones that we get.
we were on rotations, it also meant listening to calls in the basement as well as going over scenarios on independent study. I found answers for half of them, and the other half I expect to find on Friday.
   in the evening I did some karaoke, 'bullet with butterfly wings' by smashing pumpkins. a facebook friend mentioned it as one of the 3 favorite songs by this band. the posting started with a pumpkin image, but he said it had nothing to do with the band despite it being about music. this would be the record label owner. he said the other two favorites were from 'gish', an album I have but don't know as well as the later ones. I didn't see the typical binders full of karaoke selections but I was advised by another regular that I can just ask the karaoke jockey if he has it and he did. I liked what he had to say about training new people, I am here if you need me, but it is fine to make some mistakes. it reminds me of what I have said about being in training- I learn best when I am the one doing the work.


No comments:

Post a Comment