Tuesday, November 5, 2019

choose your own adventure

most of the training today at work was lecture, in the basement. it was about property taxes. when it would often re-direct to another form, it reminded me of 'choose your own adventure'. at one point the main trainer stepped out and another one filled in for a few minutes. then when he returned he did most of the talking while sitting down. something about taking a drink and then feeling sick. a classmate was trying to make a joke when he returned from lunch about thinking he would be leaving early. but that is not the kind of thing that I would make jokes about.
    I performed at an alternate venue tonight. it was after seeing brawler at the comedy club, who offered cupcakes. they had oreo cookie crumbs on top, they tasted good. I did not see anyone I know where I ended up performing. I got annoyed when somebody was trying to tell a stale world war two joke. while at the venue I checked my voicemail, surprised to get 3 messages. but they were largely meaningless. first was a hang-up, second was a duplicate of an email, third was from a campaign as there is an election on Tuesday. but they've already sent me plenty of mail.
   I am getting used to taking the bus to and from work, once again. on the way home I saw some young men in the back with a bag of snack food from Walgreen- doritos, cheez-it crackers, and pop tarts. it reminds me of how I often get snack food there as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment