Friday, November 15, 2019

mailroom tour

we did a mailroom tour this morning, saw the incoming and outgoing mail. it ran long so a meeting with my boss had to wait. it was postponed from an earlier date, and I like tours so I like that it still happened. I understand that a tour is easier to do this time of year, outside of tax filing season. we saw a sound-proof room as well. it was a floor below where I am usually working.
   I am going out of state for the weekend for a family funeral. after work I went straight to the car rental outlet, although once I got there I still had to wait in line to get the car. it was odd to see a valet this time, as I am used to having to find the car on my own. it didn't take long to pack, just a small gym bag and a garment bag. I stopped at a holiday station near home to get dinner, a hot dog. and after that my only other stop was in clear lake, iowa, at a casey's, halfway to my destination. I got some pizza there. I was fine with just getting to des moines tonight, and then finish the drive in the morning. in my rush to book a hotel, I didn't notice that the one I chose had no computer on site to check email. I was informed that a nearby library was available, so not a big deal. I made good time on the road once I got started, and made it to the des moines area just before midnight. I sent a few messages on facebook before I left town, and one of them was to a karaoke jockey saying I couldn't make it on Saturday. I like keeping people in the loop when they are used to seeing me each week.


No comments:

Post a Comment