Thursday, November 7, 2019

i am reborn

when I was taking the bus home tonight after work I saw a familiar face. it was the attorney, somebody I knew from riding when I had a different job. I did fairly well with saying within a short time what had happened in the past two years. there was mention of how I had bounced around at jobs but I think this one will stick, and how I had been to iowa for some family funerals. I said I am reborn, much like when I moved to Minnesota over a decade ago. because my life was only beginning then, and in many ways this is true again.
   in the first segment after lunch it was an open forum to air any issues about the training, and many of us did, saying we prefer more exposure to the actual work. then we reviewed some more recorded calls, leading to a better understanding of how we navigate the system. I found where the potluck section was, a small corner. there was a variety of chips and cookies, along with a bottle of apple juice from cub foods, although it was labeled as apple cider.
   in the evening I went to the performance venue, and was show closer. I saw a performer who said she hadn't been onstage in a year, I think it was somebody who had moved to California where she has family. I recall sharing a photo of them on facebook from a mic that was run by the resistable comic. the fireplace was on at this venue, since it is cold outside, and I liked warming my hands on it after the show was done. I spoke about it during my set, as it was straight back from where I was standing on the stage.


No comments:

Post a Comment