Wednesday, November 6, 2019

active participant

At work I enjoyed training more today, because we were active participants. a trainer had slips of paper we drew and each was a scenario we looked up in the system. they were based on actual calls and whoever drew them was the 'pilot' so it meant sitting up front at the computer there. in some cases i said 'you were looking in my direction' as to why i drew one. at lunch i said it reminded me of church, in terms of some things i liked more than others. i liked the hymns more than the scriptures for the same reason- as i liked being a more active participant. at the end of the day we had what appears to be the final accountability session, out of five. i haven't seen the value yet in this part of the training, and when it spoke of how one can help with getting certified i said i would look to more than jsut one person to help. especially when i haven't met most of my neighbors yet.
   riding the bus in the morning, I spoke with somebody in the back when they asked me about a store they saw. i said it would be opening next week. what i like is being able to find common ground with people i barely know. we all need the staples of life, food and clothing, and this is a good place to being. in the evening i voted after i got off work. i liked how it didn't take long, since the precinct was nearby and there was just three things on the ballot. city council, school board, and the trash referendum. then i went to perform, and i think i was the last one of the night. it was a back and forth with the show runner, who liked hearing about the karaoke stories. i did not order anything, usually i have a drink, but there was nobody there to take my order. so i went to get a box of popcorn at candyland after the show, where an employee told me some stories about the charlie brown statues. and i took a good look around the inside of the store, impressed with how they had some st paul saints popcorn tins.
  I know I am going to see all kinds of things due to riding the bus again for work. on the way home I saw a woman sitting on a bench near a bus stop and her face was bloody, and there was blood on the pavement as well. a man was next to her with a phone. I said 'this is something I can't un-see'.


No comments:

Post a Comment