Saturday, November 30, 2019

less than zero movie

this evening I watched a DVD on loan from the library, 'less than zero'. I recognized many of the actors in it, such as Robert downey, Andrew McCarthy, jami gertz, and James spader. it was hard to watch Downey's character as he was the one with the drug problem. but I am aware of how there are real people like this out there. I think this is why I liked McCarthy's character a lot, trying to talk sense into people. I liked the passion in it. I understand it was based on a novel. it was about three friends from high school in Beverly hills, that re-unite when one of them is home from college. the music in it was good, such as 'hazy shade of winter' by the bangles, and one in the credits by roy orbison, 'life fades away'. it doesn't end well, and when it is about a junkie then nobody should expect it to end well. when I went to sing karaoke tonight, my second song was 'hazy shade of winter'. the first was 'high and dry' by radiohead.
   I did some other things today, such as check my post office box. not much was there though, and one item I also got at home, a card from the census bureau about jobs. I went to two grocery stores, and then it was to the prep bowl. this is what the high school football championships in Minnesota are called. I saw the last game of the day, the 5-a final, chaska vs. st. Thomas academy. chaska scored first, a field goal. st. Thomas couldn't move the ball well at first, but then benefited from a short field to get a TD and go up 7-3, which was the halftime score. it looked like this score would hold up, but chaska got a late TD and won 10-7. chaska was aided by some penalties, such as pass interference as well as targeting. I took the light rail to the Vikings stadium, and with the winter weather we are having I knew full well this was a good idea. I had some godfather's pizza at bobby and steve's after the game, then headed home. some fans from the college game, Minnesota gophers vs. Wisconsin, were on the train as well. I was able to figure out, based on how some of them talked, who won and it was the visiting badgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment