Thursday, November 21, 2019

hung up in closet

i was feverishly trying hard to find a sweatshirt and couldn't. it wasn't in a Ziploc bags like some others were. then I checked a closet and it was hung up in there, along with 2 others. guess I didn't recall doing this. I was trying to find it, initially, when I was packing for the weekend in iowa. then I said I needed to go, it was taking too long, would try to find it later.
   at work there still was some weird calls, but I feel like I handled them better than the previous day. one of them was about reporting a tax preparer. no fraudulent returns were filed, but the caller said the preparer did not prepare or file them. a colleague said we just need to tell them that we will enter the information and it is up to other agencies to act upon it. we are not in licensure and we are not law enforcers. another spoke about being a 'snowbird' and changing his residency for tax purposes. but he was also trying to ask me questions I really couldn't answer, based on just having tax returns that doesn't state how much income was social security. I was informed that the state of Minnesota does not have withholding taxes on social security anyway.
   I performed in the evening, and this week I was the leadoff comic after the show runner. quite often lately I have been the show closer. I decided to start off my set with mention of what happened last night, the show that wasn't. hard to ignore that there is some material from it. a comic said he had an idea for another story I was telling, related to visiting iowa. although it was just an 'introduction' and other things appeared to be a stronger story to tell. I checked and I do not appear to be connected as a facebook friend with this comic, although we have talked on a fairly regular basis at the clubs. the in-person interactions mean more to me. because this is what we had before facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment