Thursday, November 21, 2019

shine a light

i went to sing karaoke in the evening, and I was getting tired near the end of the night. I was at the bar and the bouncer noticed, so from the other end he decided to shine a light on me. I responded with a 'ha!' I did two songs, 'it's a sin' by pet shop boys, and 'American idiot' by green day. the former was inspired by hearing it on 'young sheldon' tonight. there was a lady that knew my name, I said we hadn't been formally introduced. I invent mnemonic devices, and with her I was thinking of the TV show 'our house'. she spoke with the bouncer fairly often tonight, and was wearing a camouflage shirt. she said she is a server there, but I don't recall her being a server for me, so possibly working on nights I am not there. as I was leaving she did a trick with a ballcap she was wearing and a Michael Jackson 'hee hee'. at least she was more fun than another lady who misheard what I said, and always has looked like a 'hot mess' to me.
   at work we had a potluck, I ate two different kinds of meatballs, one had BBQ sauce. with the call volume it meant waiting on doing a replacement check request, since it was right before the potluck began and I wanted to see I was doing it right. and there was a 'convention' during the first half of the day. although I was bored at times when they were talking about taxes, even though it is now my line of work. it led to some 'doodling', mainly writing down the cars I had owned. bad of me, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment