Friday, November 22, 2019

uneven table

during lunch I decided to sit with some classmates from training. and it meant avoiding an uneven table again. not sure what made it uneven, aside from broken shoes on the table legs. still trying to figure out what works with lunch schedule, it may be doing 45 minutes but can't do a full hour. I am commonly doing more than 30 minutes, even though I have officially only asked for 30. but I am finding out that 30 minutes is not enough if I am talking to others. and when I am new of course having the time to cover what we are dealing with is helpful. there was a 'repeat potluck' and I had some of the dessert items such as pie. also liked the little cheese squares, but some of the cheese, what looked like kraft singles, had been sitting out for too long. this is hard to ignore, how some things have a limited shelf life.
  in the evening I went to sing karaoke, I did 'bad blood' by taylor swift. I wrote another posting about performing on facebook due to it. although I am unsure what inspired it. buzz words such as ambivalent, and owning it, were ones that I explored. the karaoke jockey spoke of how it was unexpected that I chose this song but I like doing a wife variety of songs. the crowd was really on board with it, and this is nice but it tends to happen when it is a popular song. although one must be careful about it, as it looked like one crowd member wanted to sing along with me and I don't care to share the stage with others, especially people I don't know. this is proof of how performing has changed me, as I have had to adapt to my environment. a case of  'what works and what doesn't'.


No comments:

Post a Comment